This month in Michigan, we’re experiencing our coldest, most frigid temperatures of the season, with numbers hitting below zero. Extremely cold temps like these have our furnaces working overtime, so if yours needs a tune-up or is on its last leg, it’s time to act fast before your home freezes.
If you live in the Downriver MI community, which covers 22 different cities including Allen Park, Grosse Ile, and Riverview, the best place to call for furnace work is Superior Comfort Heating & Cooling. Known for our outstanding customer service, performance, and affordability, we specialize in everything related to furnaces and AC’s.
We’ve been helping customers beat the heat and conquer the cold for more than 15 years, with most of our business coming from referrals and word-of-mouth.
When to call a licensed furnace repair contractor
There are many different signs to look out for when deciding if you need to call a Downriver furnace service company. If it’s something simple like a new air filter, that’s a quick fix you can do yourself.
If your furnace is making loud noises, the water in your home is frozen and your toilet and faucets aren’t working, there is water pooling, or your heat is barely coming on, it’s time to call our experts at Superior Comfort. We offer the best heating services you can find in your neighborhood.
Q. What are some flags to watch for to determine if my furnace needs servicing?
- Higher energy bills. This is a first telltale sign that something isn’t working efficiently. Unless there’s been a huge fluctuation in cold weather seasons from one to the next, your energy bill will stay the same (or close to it) each month. If you notice a spike in units used and cost, call Superior Comfort Heating & Cooling for a free furnace inspection.
- Unusual sounds. If you start to hear strange creaks and pops that don’t sound like your normal furnace running, something is amiss. Our trained and certified furnace technicians will spot and correct the problem right away.
- Service checkup date has passed. If it’s been a year or more since you’ve had your furnace inspected, it’s time to call our experts, whether you notice any red flags or not. We’ll inspect if from top to bottom and let you know if it needs repairs, maintenance, or replacing.
- Slow to heat home. If it’s now taking a long time to heat up your home versus before when it only took minutes, it’s worth looking into. Give us a call and we’ll check it out. Your furnace should kick on and start working immediately.
- Pilot light is yellow. A properly functioning pilot light should be a clear blue color, so if it’s yellow, you could possibly have a carbon monoxide leak. This could present a very dangerous problem, so if you notice this issue, call us right away.
- Furnace won’t turn on. If you’ve tried everything and your furnace won’t kick on, there’s something faulty going on and service is needed promptly.
- Furnace is over-cycling. If your furnace keeps cycling on and off at strange intervals, it can cause damage to your unit over time, so it’s a good idea to have it checked sooner than later.
Of course there are other signs in addition to those above that might indicate your furnace is on the blink—but these are the main reasons customers call us for service. The point is to be very aware of the noises, sights, and smells of your furnace when it’s operating at full capacity; that way you’ll be alerted when it’s off kilter.
We Offer Name Brands And Exceptional Service
If your furnace malfunctions on a weekend or after hours, don’t worry, Superior Comfort has you covered. We provide thermostat repair and replacement, heat pump repairs and installation, preventative maintenance, 24/7 emergency response, furnace repair and replacement.
We also check indoor air quality, thermostats, and hot water heaters. If you’ve ever had the misfortune of doing without hot water in the dead of winter, you know how uncomfortable and inconvenient it can be. No hot showers, no washing dishes, and no doing laundry.
Superior Comfort can get you back in the swing of things in no time. Respected and reputable names like Rheem, Carrier, Amana, and Trane are all on our list of available and affordable furnace options. We always guarantee our work, and our materials come with full warrantees, so there’s no need to worry.
Q. How do I get started?
A. It’s easy! You can connect with us on our website to schedule an appointment, chat with our experts about your particular issues, or give us a call at 734-818-7141. We’ll respond to your message or call immediately—there’s no need to wait in line like some of those “big box” stores make you do.
The First Step: A Furnace Inspection
We all take good care of our cars by making sure we get the oil and filters changed on a regular schedule, and we take care of our physical health by taking medicine or going to the doctor if there’s a sign of something wrong. The same applies to your homes heating and cooling system: you can’t ignore warning signs that your furnace is not working up to its full capacity.
We recommend changing your furnace filters monthly and scheduling annual furnace inspections. We’re extremely thorough and don’t miss any aspects of areas to check for your home’s HVAC system or furnace.
We’ll check the pilot light, switches, operability, and everything in between to make sure your furnace is working its best. If it’s not, we’ll recommend the best, most affordable replacement option. Superior Comfort takes care of everything, from removal of your old furnace and installation of your new one, to city inspections, permits, and removal of any equipment or debris.
We’ll do it all quickly and efficiently, at a price you can afford in your budget. Our easy credit applications and loan approvals help too. Need a Downriver furnace service company to take care of your HVAC needs? Give us a call today at (734) 818-7141.