Summer is in full swing, so it’s time to ensure your air conditioning system runs smoothly. A seasonal maintenance checkup of your air conditioner can help ensure peak performance and keep you comfortable all season long. This checklist will help you handle seasonal air conditioner maintenance in Flat Rock, MI.
- Clean or replace the air filter: This is one of the most essential maintenance tasks for your AC upkeep. A clogged, dirty filter will reduce airflow and make your system work harder to keep you cool – wasting energy. Replace the filter every month or two during heavy use or follow manufacturer instructions for a longer lifespan.
- Clear debris from the outside unit: Leaves, dirt, and other debris can accumulate around the outdoor condenser. Clear away debris to ensure good airflow through the system and avoid any damage caused by clogging or overheating.
- Check refrigerant levels: Low refrigerant levels can lead to significant system issues, so it’s essential to ensure your system is topped off properly. If you notice a leak, call a professional technician to handle the issue.
- Clean coils and fins: The evaporator and condenser coils should be cleaned regularly using a soft brush or vacuum cleaner. This will help maintain efficiency and keep your system from performing unnecessary work.
- Schedule a professional service: Even if you perform these basic maintenance tasks, it’s still essential to have an HVAC specialist inspect your ductless mini split system in Brownstown, MI, once a year. They can identify any potential problems or improvement areas and help ensure your air conditioner is running at its peak performance.
These simple steps will help keep your AC unit in shape for summer and beyond. Stay cool and comfortable this season by taking the time to perform regular maintenance on your air conditioner. Contact a professional technician for expert advice if you have any questions or need assistance.
If you need air conditioning replacement in Grosse Ile, MI, contact our experts at Superior Comfort Heating and Cooling. Call us at (734) 818-7141 to ensure your AC unit runs smoothly.